I had a suggestion that I should post how school is going. If you don't care to know then this post will be boring for you to read.
I started school on August 18th. The first week was definitely was the longest week. We had lecture on the 'Foundations of Nursing', which is basically the history of nursing. Not the funnest topic in the world. We had our first test (75 questions) just last monday on the first 20 chapters. Last week we also passed off some CNA skills (Bed Bath, Back Massage, Hand Washing, and Making Beds). Yes those all seem like very simple skills, but it's amazing how many details people forget (putting up side rails, raising the bed, giving patient privacy and so on). We also had a lecture on Pharmacology (study of drugs). That lecture has been the most interesting so far. It's amazing how many drugs are actually out there and the many different things they do for the body.
This past week has been better (except for the fact I've been at school for 8 hours almost everyday). The skills we passed off were Vital Signs (Temperature, Blood Pressure, Respirations, Pulse). These were also easy since I've been a CNA for a couple years now. We've also been learning how to inject people. I brought home a needle and a vial to practice on Brandon. (Not that he would EVER let me practice on him, I just have to pretend with the cap on).
I've got another exam on Pharmacology this Tuesday. Atleast 1 test a week, sometimes 2. Don't exclude the quizzes either (about 2 a week), oh and the many homework assignments we have, along with a paper due in a week and a slideshow presentation due in 3 weeks. I'd say I'm pretty busy. I am enjoying it though and am looking forward to being a nurse.
Let me know if you ever want to be a practice dummy. :D
Good-bye Humphreys!
11 years ago




4 comments:
Sounds like you at least have a good attitude about it. If you can keep up that good attitude, you will be just fine. School is a lot of work, but I think you definitely learn a lot and grow as a person. Good luck! I hope it continues to go well.
Thanks for writing that just for me :)
I'm glad its going well for you. I don't miss school at all. How much longer do you have?
Ahhhhhh......thanks for making me appreciate being done with school. Sounds like your doing good though, good luck and if you ever need to practice injections you can practice on me!
Hey chika! its been a while! ha ha i love that i am pretty much the only one out of your friends that isn't married and has a family! i hope to see you soon! i know school is hard but the end is soon in sight! your amazing! i couldn't ask for a better friend! Luv ya!
Becca
Post a Comment