Monday, April 21, 2008

Nursing School

Alright, I wasn't going to do this...but Brandon said, "Why don't you tell anyone your news, I would be calling everyone". I'm very excited to say that I got accepted into the LPN (Licensed Practical Nurse) Program at the OWATC. I'll be starting around the end of August and 8 months later I'll be an LPN! I know people usually say that LPN stands for Low Pay Nurse, but hey, it's better than what a CNA gets paid! I've been a CNA for 2 years now. It's been great and all taking care of the elderly, but I really want to take care of children instead. Giving the shots to little ones doesn't exactly thrill me, but everything else sounds good. Hopefully after I get that license I will be able to get my RN soon after (since that means Rich Nurse). Well, that's my news for the week. I'm excited.

6 comments:

Brittney said...

Congratulations, Tash! I am so glad you shared. That's what blogs are for. I can't wait til you can be a "rich nurse" :) But I bet you will love working with kids. Love ya!

Jared, Beth, Carter, Maylee and Bridger said...

Congratulations!!! That's so exciting! I think that it would be much more fun to work with kids also. Congrats!
Beth :)

Casey and Sheryl said...

hey tasha i think that is great news!! i think it doesn't matter what the title is as long as you like your job. good for you and good luck!

Kenzie said...

That is so awesome!! congratulations!!

Brandon & Tiff said...

Congratulations! You have to be and LPN to be an RN so it's one step at a time. I am so excited for you. I have just loved being a nurse it really is a great job. You will make such a great one. Brandon's brother just got excepted to that same program too...so you guys will be in the same class. Congratulations again :)

carolynandkevin said...

Contrats, Tasha! I think you will be a great nurse. I must tell you RN doesn't mean rich nurse! Not in Utah that's for sure! Nursing is a lot of hard work and long difficult hours, yet a very fulfilling and meaningful career choice. It has been a good one for me all these years. I hope it will be for you.