Does anyone have a digital camera they absolutely love? We want to get one for Christmas with these features: atleast 8 MP, 8+ Optical Zoom, under $200. If you have a camera that doesn't fit this let me know about it anyway. Also, if you have a bad one you don't recommend, please let me know also. I would really appreciate anyones advice on this. Thanks!
Good-bye Humphreys!
11 years ago




7 comments:
Hey Tasha,
I read recently that the sweet spot for digital cameras (at least the point-and-click variety I assume you're looking into) is 6 MP. The short of it was that they provide the best quality photos - higher megapixels might provide higher resolution and all that, but the photo quality starts to degrade when you get such a large photoreceptor in there. It was a pretty reputable review that said this as I recall. Wish I had the link to the article to forward along...
Happy shopping!
i just bought the canon powershot last month. it meets the criteria you are looking at. i'm still playing with it so can't give you a really great idea on my satisfaction. but i have loved the size; i keep it in my purse and have taken so many more pictures since its always with me. next time i'm around remind me and you can tinker with it. all the pics on my blog from our cruise forward are with this camera.
i was looking for something about the same. I looked forever and finally found the camera I have and i love it. It's small, but still has a great zoom (10x), and I love the features. I wanted a camera that could take video with sound and zoom. And it has a large viewing screen. Unfortunately it is not under $200. Here it is: http://www.amazon.com/Panasonic-DMC-TZ5A-Digital-Optical-Stabilized/dp/B0011Z6D9U/ref=pd_bbs_sr_7?ie=UTF8&s=electronics&qid=1213156980&sr=8-7
It's a Panasonic Lumix. It has 9 MP.
Hey chika i think the best thing to look for would also be that it can take double abatteries! believe me it will save you a headache! though i love FUJI FinePix, i would also recommend Nikon Coolpix! 8 MP! 3 inch LCD! 3x Optical Zoom-NIKKOR Glass Lens, here is the link if you are interested! i love mine!!!
http://www.nikoncoolpix.com/Find-Your-Nikon/Product/Digital-Camera/25597/COOLPIX-L18.html
I don't know a lot about cameras or about the one you're looking for, but one thing our camera doesn't have is the ability to take a fast picture. I have missed out on a lot of really cute shots because by the time the camera captured the picture Shae wasn't smiling anymore.
Canon powershot for sure! I've owned two, the first one got thrown away (we think) but we loved both. Also has rechargeable batteries, that's saves a ton. But if you want a fabulous camera with a changeable lens (SLR) and all that go with the canon rebel. I have so much fun with that camera!
We have an Olympus FE 320. It's just ok. The flash isn't very bright so pictures tend to look blurry if the room is dark. I would invest in a better camera over getting one like this again.
Post a Comment