Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Update on our life!



BRANDON:

  • Brandon is still working for Brigham City Nursing and Rehab as the Executive Director over there. The company is selling the building to another company in the next month though, so we'll see what happens.
  • He has a church calling as Gospel Doctrine Teacher, which he loves indefinitely.
  • He just started playing basketball with some other men in the ward once a week. He has missed playing basketball. He used to be able to play every morning in Hooper when we lived in Farr West.
  • He eventually wants to go back to school (when I let him) to get his Master's or he's thinking of maybe 4 more years to be a speech therapist.
KAYLI:
  • As I've updated on her blog, she is growing very quickly. She will be 1 year old on the 29th of this month. She gets into everything and always wants to be entertained.
  • She gets baby sat at my friend's house 1/2 the time while I'm away at school. She does pretty well with that...sometimes she cries but usually not. She is such a good little girl.
TASHA:
  • I'm still straggling through the first semester of the nursing program. It's definitely been rough, but I have learned a ton. It's been slowing down alot these last few weeks. I get a whole week off for Thanksgiving and 3 weeks off for Christmas. I'm so ready for that relaxing and time for reviving.
  • My calling in church is Women's sports coach. I was so excited at first, but that's pretty much gone since everyone in the ward is pretty much not sporty. I can't usually get anyone out to play. :(
  • I still am not working, which I'm so greatful for Brandon because I don't think I'd be able to do it all if I had to work. I plan to work a couple nights a week in the hospital once I finish school in May.
  • I am playing indoor soccer once a week with a friend of mine. I love playing soccer, it's so nice to do something different and take life's stress out on the ball.

Our family is doing good and we are taking life 'one step at a time'.

7 comments:

Lauren said...

Well i'm glad you guys having been doing good. It was nice to go out to eat with you guys last friday night. We don't get to see you as much anymore. Let me know when your next date night is and we'll watch Kayli for ya. We love you guys and are grateful to have you as family!

Natalie said...

Thats really good to hear how you guys are all doing! I think its really cool you are going to nursing school! I'm sorry to hear about your church calling, hopefully it gets better! :)

Brenick said...

you two really love school, dont 'cha? lol. no, thats great that things are going well for you guys and you are getting all edumacated.

hey, at least your calling is easy... since no one comes. lol. i dont think anyone in my ward is sporty either. im not sporty, but i like to exercise.

Brittney said...

Thanks for the update! I loved reading that just to feel like I know what's going on up in Ogden. I'm still way excited to see you! I wish Kayli were my little girl, she's so adorable and fun. I bet several people would be willing to adopt her :) well, i mean.. not that she'd ever be up for adoption...

Jared, Beth, Carter, Maylee and Bridger said...

Yay! A new post...it's been forever! :) I'm glad things are going well for you guys! I can't believe Kayli is almost one...that is so exciting!! Are you doing a birthday party for her?

Anonymous said...

It's my brother Casey's little boy. He's so cute! I can't believe how big Kayli is getting. She is adorable!! I can't wait till I get one. :)

Ness said...

Good job for finishing your first semester of Nursing school. It's a difficult time while you are there but you will finish and be so glad you did it. Come work with me again. I work at McKay on the surgical floor.
Oh and I saw you playing soccer the other day. I didn't want to distract you though. We should do a womens team. Let me know if you are in.